Interested in a free consultation/walk through? Please provide us with a little information on this form and we will contact you within 48 business hours to set up a date and time that work best for you. If you decide to move forward after the consultation, we will provide a project outline listing recommended products and overall job cost. We understand there is not a “one size fits all” solution so every project outline we create is custom designed based on information we receive from you, your architect, interior designer, or builder. We strive to offer the best products and pricing and will work with you (or a third party as needed) to create a project outline that fits your budget and needs.
Questions, comments, concerns, or need to set up a service call? We are available by email or phone between 7:30 am and 5 pm CST Monday through Friday.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– The AVAutomation Staff
Prices contained in our proposals are valid for 30 days and are contingent upon supplier availability of the specified products at the time of your approval. The scope of the project includes only what is written in this proposal. All change orders must be approved by both parties in writing.
AVA’s installation work is guaranteed to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 10 years from the installation date. Repairs required due to failure of installation materials or workmanship shall be free of charge for the above warranty period.
All AVA provided equipment is covered by the full manufacturer’s warranty, unless otherwise noted. Please keep your AVA invoice as proof of purchase for manufacturer warranty validation.
All other services, including but not limited to equipment repair assistance (de-installation, shipping, and re-installation), equipment upgrades, programming modifications, repair or replacement of damaged items, and re-calibrations shall be billable at the then current rate for that service.
AVA does not manufacture or control the availability of the products specified. Audio Video Manufacturer’s regularly update their product offerings. In an effort to provide you with the best possible merchandise and service, AVA may substitute the most up to date models available at the time of installation. You will be notified of any changes that cause a loss of desired functionality or performance. Any other changes to this proposal will be submitted in writing for approval.
AVA does not warranty damage to or malfunction of equipment or installation infrastructure occurring due to third parties (including but not limited to home owners, contractors, other trades, etc.) or acts of nature (including but not limited to lightning, tornadoes, flooding, etc.).
Services NOT included:
- High voltage electrical supply service design, addition, relocation, or modification
- Security system design, installation, or modification
- Structural or architectural engineering or construction
- Utility service to location including, but not limited to cable, electrical, water, waste water, telephone, and internet service
- Any services requiring special state or local licensing
- Other services that are not specifically listed in the proposal. (Ex. trenching, excavation, trash disposal, etc.)
- Services indicated as “prewire” do not include termination of wires or wall plates. Termination of wires and mounting of wall plates are included in the “trim” or “finish” phases of a project.
Any equipment to be used in the project that is not supplied by AVA may require additional programming and calibration time billable at the current rate. Items provided by the customer or third parties are not warrantied by AVA to be functional or perform at a satisfactory level.
Cabinetry must be adequate to fit specified equipment and drawings must be submitted for AVA approval. Cabinets must provide adequate ventilation to dissipate the heat of electronic equipment. In some cases, fans may be needed for proper ventilation.
All equipment, materials, and sales tax is paid in advance.
Upon receipt of payment all equipment will be ordered.
Note: AVA recommends audio and video equipment be ordered at least 3 weeks prior to desired installation date and all other systems (ex. automation, furniture, acoustics, etc.) be ordered 6 – 8 weeks in advance.
Upon receipt of equipment, installation is scheduled.
Labor: Billed in 25% increments as work is completed with final balance due immediately upon completion of project
All merchandise sales are final unless AVA receives authorization from the distributor to return said merchandise. Any merchandise to be returned must be in original unopened containers without any signs of potential damage. All qualified merchandise returns are subject to a 25% return fee and must be requested within 30 days of item receipt.
We are looking to add an Audio Visual Field Installer to our team on a temporary/seasonal basis (depending on business, may evolve into a full time/permanent position). We are seeking an individual who is passionate about installing and servicing quality products for the end user within their home. The preferred candidate will have a technical background, system installation experience and good customer skills. The position will involve installing audio-visual systems, including TV/ projection systems, cabling and terminating video/audio systems, and installing components such as wall plates, speakers, cameras and projection screens. Ability to trouble-shoot basic audio, video, and control systems problems is a plus, along with formalized training on major brands of audio visual systems and components. Related experience in similar industries will be considered. The successful candidate must be hard working, computer proficient and be a real team player. On the job and formal training will be a great benefit offered to successful candidates for this position.
This is an intermediate level position and does require at least 1 – 2 yrs. of “on the job” AV equipment and wiring experience.
– Pull, terminate and connect cabling for audio/video system electronics and confirm proper operation
– Move materials and some heavy equipment.
– Repetitive use of hands for pushing, pulling, simple grasping and fine manipulation.
– Frequent sitting, twisting, standing, walking, climbing, bending, squatting, working in small spaces and reaching
above shoulder level.
– Assist other installers as directed to complete jobs on schedule
– Use testing equipment to troubleshoot problems
– Assemble parts and equipment according to manufacturer specifications
– Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs as directed
– Maintain control of all company property and ensures that equipment is maintained in safe operating condition at all
– Assist with inventory control
– Clean and organize work area in order to maintain a safe and productive work space
You will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet installation schedules and departmental needs.
How to apply: Please fill out our application here.
We look forward to hearing from you!